Dmlt course are two of the most reputed courses OSPMC is known for. You can kick start your career in healthcare. In the advanced field of healthcare, the qualification of the professionals plays an important role. Only a professional who understands the technology and has learned the skills to leverage it can serve society well.This is why our lab technician course is essential for students, who wish to build their career as a medical laboratory technician.
Laboratory science holds a critical importance in the healthcare field, which impacts every individual’s health. As the technologies and techniques advance, the industry demands for capable dmlt professionals.
What is a medical laboratory technician?
Medical laboratory professionals, often addressed as medical laboratory technicians, are like healthcare detectives. They uncover and provide laboratory information with the help of different kinds of laboratory analyses. Their laboratory analyses assist physicians to diagnose and treat a patient’s disease along with disease prevention and monitoring. Hence, the role of an MLT supports health treatments and health maintenance as well.
In the medical industry, nowadays, there are sophisticated technologies and instruments for biomedical analyses, including various techniques and computers. This has enhanced the excellence of testing various body fluids in laboratories with accurate outcomes. Laboratory testing combines various disciplines such as hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohematology, immunology, molecular biology, microbiology, and others.
As a medical laboratory technician, professionals are supposed to accurately generate laboratory data, required to detect the signs of diseases like heart attacks, cancer, infectious mononucleosis, identification, diabetes and virus or bacteria identification. Along with that medical laboratory technicians also identify the signs of drug abuse. Along with that, the professionals assure the testing quality as their ongoing responsibility in a healthcare facility.
At OSPMC, we offer 2-year diploma course in laboratory technology. Our advanced approach towards the course allows the students to learn professional skills and understand real world scenarios.
During the program, the students achieve complete attention from the best professionals in the industry. The course provides the understanding of the laboratory organization, maintenance, Blood banking, Clinical Biochemistry, Immunology, General medicine, communication skills and many others. With the complete knowledge of the industry, the students achieve high-quality opportunities after the course completion.
DMLT course details: Eligibility
Qualification: Candidates with a minimum qualification of 10th, 10+2, B.A., B.Sc., B.Voc B.Com or any equivalent can apply for the course.
Age: There is no age restriction on the course offered.
Who can opt for it?
- You are a person who invests time and efforts in getting the right details and keeping those records organized.
- You have a strong hand in multitasking and enjoy routine and order in your everyday life.
Both the above-mentioned traits are required to smoothly adjust in the career of medical laboratory technician. Apart from that, your love for science experiments will matter as well. So, if you have always been interested in physiology, biology, and chemistry, thinking about a career in medical laboratory science won’t be a bad idea,especially if you feel extremely interested in the knowledge of cells and tissues. Your fascination in finding out about different kinds of organisms and their impact on human life will play a big role in making you’re a knowledgeable medical laboratory technician.
The ideal candidates to undergo the course should typically possess the following:
- Attentiveness & discipline
- Ability in conducting proper research
- Ability to carry out tasks with greater accuracy, efficiency, and speed
- Analytical judgment
- Stress handling capability
- Patient enough interpret scientific/technical data
- Basic computer knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude
- Laboratory instrumentation knowledge
With the combination of all the above-mentioned skills, it is clear that you need to be extremely detail-oriented to succeed in completing your dmlt course and fulfil responsibilities after entering the workforce. Thoroughness and accuracy are never compromised in the field of medical laboratory science. The medical community requires your sincerity and detailed approach in categorizing, compiling, calculating and coding your test findings. If you miss even the tiniest detail, it could turn into big problems, as the findings of your tests directly impact the treatment path conducted for a patient.
Hence, it is important to have the characteristics of precision both in your activities and communication.
Medical laboratory science requires three things-
- Your dedication
- Your knowledge
- Your technological skills
While your knowledge and technological skills are cultivated and sharpened during this course, it is extremely important that you find your dedication in advance.
For all the right candidates, we provide an in-depth knowledge of medical laboratory science with our theoretical training. At the same time, our practical training approach is incorporated to enhance your technological skills.
You learn about various technologies associated with the job and practice them on various equipment, software, and hardware. In the end, you become confident about using your knowledge and skills in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, physics, and chemistry to conduct different laboratory tests. We make you aware of the latest technologies that are being used on a global scale for laboratory testing.
So, if you feel like the right fit for this career, we will make you a perfect professional for the employers in the healthcare industry.
Advanced Course prospects
On completing diploma, the candidates may pursue advanced studies like post-graduation in the following:
- Chemical chemistry
Syllabus and Structure
This course allows the candidates to learn to diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases via clinical lab tests. The course, in nature, is said to run parallel to the typical medical programs like the MBBS.
The major study components forming the curriculum are:
- Cell count process used for detecting diseases in patients
- Chemical analysis
- Micro-organism screening
- Body matter analysis like:
- Body fluids
DMLT Course Fees
The average fees charged for the diploma varies from college to college. You can contact the staff authorities of OSPMC to know the exact fees and other charges involved to complete the course.
Diploma in Medical Lab Technology – Career prospects & responsibilities undertaken
On successful completion of the diploma, the candidates are recruited in the profiles of a technologist or medical lab technicians. Their responsibilities on the job involve the following:
- Gathering information
- Reporting as well as documenting the medical investigations made
- Carry out research studies under the guidance of medicinal researchers
- Carry out complex tests
- Maintain report accuracy
- Perform routine examinations under stipulated conditions
- Prepare specimens
- Arrange and set up testing equipment
- Operate automated sample analysing equipment
- Maintain lab equipment
- Maintain tools & safe conditions
- Supervise experiments
The DMLT postgraduates are involved actively in the given below procedures:
- Clinical chemistry (body fluid chemical analysis)
- Blood banking
- Immunology (study related to the immune system)
- Blood related haematology
- Cytotechnology (study related to the human tissue)
- Microbiology (study related to bacteria including other disease carrying organisms)
- Urine analysis
- Drug efficacy exams
- Blood sample match
The successful diploma holders are expected to perform the following duties:
- Analysing of human body fluids, such as:
- Cerebrospinal fluid
- Drug count
- Help the physicians to treat diseases and to play a significant role to alleviate them.
- Help physicians to identify the root cause pertaining to the ailment through detection and treatment of the disease through samples.
- Detect absence or presence of specific microorganisms within the patient’s body.
- Operate computers and different types of microscopes used for documenting reports.
- Handle, operate and manage functioning of different complex electronic machines.
- Perform vital tests to identify deadly diseases like:
- AIDS / HIV
More about DMLT course
The lab technologists are in huge demand across the globe and required to assist physicians to analyse results to treat diseases. The program tends to cover some preclinical subjects like:
- Blood banking
Students, who have enrolled for this course, are able to get training in lab management ethics through the following:
- Internal assessment
- Practical sessions
- Internship training program being of six months duration
- Viva voice
The students through this program are taught the following:
- Handle lab equipment, clinical tests, automated and microscopic equipment
- Match the blood samples for diabetic count and blood transfusions
- Check and examine blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body
- Identify the cause of the ailments
- Conduct tests
- Prepare reports and pass it on to the physician, who based on this report will recommend appropriate medication and remedy to the patient.
- Maintain lab equipment such as:
- Test tubes
- Prepare reports to help provide better patient treatments
- Practice cautiousness, safety and attentiveness during work, like wearing protective clothing, etc.
- Dispose wastes safely
The diploma in medical laboratory technology is definitely the program that you should join to enjoy a flying career.
At OSPMC, we are providing the best environment for the DMLT Course. We have the best Medical professionals as our faculty members. They provide real world and practical skills that help the students in their career. So, you achieve the advanced technologies along with experienced teachers at our Institute.
Contact us today!
For further information on our courses, you should contact us immediately. Your future is waiting for you!