Dmlt course are two of the most reputed courses OSPMI is known for. You can kick start your career in healthcare. In the advanced field of healthcare, the qualification of the professionals plays an important role. Only a professional who understands the technology and has learned the skills to leverage it can serve society well.
At OSPMI, we offer 2-year diploma course in laboratory technology. Our advanced approach towards the course allows the students to learn professional skills and understand real world scenarios.
During the program, the students achieve complete attention from the best professionals in the industry. The course provides the understanding of the laboratory organization, maintenance, Blood banking, Clinical Biochemistry, Immunology, General medicine, communication skills and many others. With the complete knowledge of the industry, the students achieve high-quality opportunities after the course completion.
DMLT course details: Eligibility
Qualification: Candidates with a minimum qualification of 10th, 10+2, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com or any equivalent can apply for the course.
Age: There is no age restriction on the course offered.
Who can opt for it?
The ideal candidates to undergo the course should typically possess the following:
- Attentiveness & discipline
- Ability in conducting proper research
- Ability to carry out tasks with greater accuracy, efficiency and speed
- Analytical judgment
- Stress handling capability
- Patient enough interpret scientific/technical data
- Basic computer knowledge
- Mechanical aptitude
- Laboratory instrumentation knowledge
Advanced Course prospects
On completing diploma, the candidates may pursue advanced studies like post-graduation in the following:
- Chemical chemistry
Syllabus and Structure
This course allows the candidates to learn to diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases via clinical lab tests. The course, in nature, is said to run parallel to the typical medical programs like the MBBS.
The major study components forming the curriculum are:
- Cell count process used for detecting diseases in patients
- Chemical analysis
- Micro-organism screening
- Body matter analysis like:
- Body fluids
DMLT Course Fees
The average fees charged for the diploma varies from college to college. You can contact the staff authorities of OSPMI to know the exact fees and other charges involved to complete the course.
Diploma in Medical Lab Technology – Career prospects & responsibilities undertaken
On successful completion of the diploma, the candidates are recruited in the profiles of a technologist or medical lab technicians. Their responsibilities on the job involve the following:
- Gathering information
- Reporting as well as documenting the medical investigations made
- Carry out research studies under the guidance of medicinal researchers
- Carry out complex tests
- Maintain report accuracy
- Perform routine examinations under stipulated conditions
- Prepare specimens
- Arrange and set up testing equipment
- Operate automated sample analysing equipment
- Maintain lab equipment
- Maintain tools & safe conditions
- Supervise experiments
The DMLT postgraduates are involved actively in the given below procedures:
- Clinical chemistry (body fluid chemical analysis)
- Blood banking
- Immunology (study related to the immune system)
- Blood related haematology
- Cytotechnology (study related to the human tissue)
- Microbiology (study related to bacteria including other disease carrying organisms)
- Urine analysis
- Drug efficacy exams
- Blood sample match
The successful diploma holders are expected to perform the following duties:
- Analysing of human body fluids, such as:
- Cerebrospinal fluid
- Drug count
- Help the physicians to treat diseases and to play a significant role to alleviate them.
- Help physicians to identify the root cause pertaining to the ailment through detection and treatment of the disease through samples.
- Detect absence or presence of specific microorganisms within the patient’s body.
- Operate computers and different types of microscopes used for documenting reports.
- Handle, operate and manage functioning of different complex electronic machines.
- Perform vital tests to identify deadly diseases like:
- AIDS / HIV
More about DMLT course
The lab technologists are in huge demand across the globe and required to assist physicians to analyse results to treat diseases. The program tends to cover some preclinical subjects like:
- Blood banking
Students, who have enrolled for this course, are able to get training in lab management ethics through the following:
- Internal assessment
- Practical sessions
- Internship training program being of six months duration
- Viva voice
The students through this program are taught the following:
- Handle lab equipment, clinical tests, automated and microscopic equipment
- Match the blood samples for diabetic count and blood transfusions
- Check and examine blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body
- Identify the cause of the ailments
- Conduct tests
- Prepare reports and pass it on to the physician, who based on this report will recommend appropriate medication and remedy to the patient.
- Maintain lab equipment such as:
- Test tubes
- Prepare reports to help provide better patient treatments
- Practice cautiousness, safety and attentiveness during work, like wearing protective clothing, etc.
- Dispose wastes safely
The diploma in medical laboratory technology is definitely the program that you should join to enjoy a flying career.
At OSPMI, we are providing the best environment for the DMLT Course. We have the best Medical professionals as our faculty members. They provide real world and practical skills that help the students in their career. So, you achieve the advanced technologies along with experienced teachers at our Institute.
Contact us today!
For further information on our courses, you should contact us immediately. Your future is waiting for you!