B.Voc./B.Sc. in Cardiac Technology is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course divided into 6 semesters. Cardiac Technology is an allied course in medicine.
Cardiac Technologists assist physicians during invasive cardiovascular testing; a tube is inserted into one of the blood vessels that carry blood into the heart.
The job of a technician is to perform tasks that require less medical training before and during the procedure so doctors can focus on the results of the test.
A patient’s life may depend on the efficiency of the Cardiac Care Technologists. The course has been designed to teach eligible candidates to:
- test patients for heart problems.
- take care of those suffering from cardiovascular disease.
- use and maintain medical equipment and machines used in the field.
- apply basic and advanced life support skills.
- study emergency invasive procedures that could save an individual’s life.
- insert catheters and use pacemakers in practical settings.
- study cardiac-related procedures.
- observe the correct way to perform cardiac procedures before applying practical skills.